I am a software developer living in Melbourne, Australia.
I always liked pushing buttons as a kid. I was excited by a look of complex machines with lots of buttons and blinking lights I saw on TV. When I saw a real computer the first time, I was blown away. It was an ATARI 2600 arcade machine, and I ended up blowing all my pocket money playing it regularly. When I got my own computer for a birthday, I was super excited. Now suddenly I could play games at home! After a short time, just playing games became boring. I taught myself programming. First BASIC, then Assembler and Pascal. And started creating. That’s how I got hooked up, and I have remained ever since.
My core professional specialities are front-end web development and Oracle database, but my experience is much wider, and my interests are as broad as the technology universe itself. After many years I am still passionate about technology, and I never stop learning.
My technical competencies
- Core web skills: HTML5, CSS3, XML, XSLT, Sass, Less
- UI Frameworks: React, Redux, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Rebass
- Mobile Frameworks: Apache Cordova, Ionic
- Backend Frameworks: Node.JS, Express, Loopback / Strongloop
- Databases: MySql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Build & deployment tools: Npm, Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Yeoman, Webpack, Docker
- CI & CD: Jenkins, Travis, TeamCity
- Testing Frameworks: Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, Chai, Sinon, Enzyme, Cypress.io
- Version Control: Git, TFS, cvs, svn
- Cloud platforms: AWS, RedHat OpenShift
My core business domain skills
- Banking and Financial Services, Superannuation, Insurance, Margin Lending
- Stock Trading, Wealth Management
- ASX, CHESS, IRESS, NASDAQ OMX protocol, FIX protocol
- SWIFT, payment systems
What My Co-workers say about me
While managing Sergey, I found him to be a breath of fresh air. So many people claim to know their trade, but don’t quite live up to their promises. Sergey doesn’t make such claims, but surely did deliver and far more than I ever expected.
Sergey was a valuable member of my team who I could assign complex tasks to, knowing that he would get them delivered. He was able to achieve this by reviewing and analysing the requirements to understand what exactly the business unit required. Sergey's technical skills enable him to provide high-quality work with accurate results, on time delivery and within estimates.
I had the honour to work with Sergey at the NAB. He is a highly organised and never loses focus on what needs to be done. He has impressive analytical skills and stays calm even in the most pressured moments. It was a pleasure working with him, and given a chance to collaborate with him again in future I would always take it. All the best for your future, Sergey.
Sergey has a high level of technical skills and is abreast of current trends in technology.
I had the pleasure of working with Sergey at NAB him to be extremely hard-working and focused. No task was too small for him, and he always put in 110% effort. The knowledge and experience that he brought to the group were invaluable. It would be a pleasure to work with him again in the future.
Sergey is a good technician and is very versatile. He has a thorough knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and has experience with other languages. He is also personable and works well in a team.
Sergey worked on several projects under my management and was always a good enthusiastic worker who achieved good deliverables within the required timeframes.
What I do besides programming
When I’m not busy coding, hacking, tweaking and fiddling with computers, I can be found
- Working out in a gym
- Doing yoga
- Scuba diving or freediving
In fact, I am one of the founders of Melbourne Freediving Club
- Racing remote control cars
- Writing electronic music
- I am also an Aikido nidan (2nd-degree black belt)
- And last but not the least, spending time with my family and enjoying life :-)
Have anything to say? Send me an email at email@example.com.